Burning calories means usage of calories to perform our day to day activities.
Sitting on a chair doesn’t burn much calorie, while running or jogging entails huge calories burned with the active exercising procedures.
The amount of calorie to be burnt or the total calories burned could be examined with the help of BMR. 20% of energy is being used in brain metabolism. Other basal metabolic requirements include blood circulation and breathing which consumes 80% of the energy etc.
Usage of Skeletal muscles for posture and moving is called mechanical energy. With the help of calorie calculator, you can find out and make sure about the amount of energy required for human body.
Energy conversion depends on the type of food which we intake on daily basis.
• Higher the body weight, higher the intake is needed to maintain large organ hence taller or heavier person have higher BMR
• Age plays a key role in deciding the metabolic rate. BMR decreases by 5 -10% after the age of 30.
• Women’s BMR is 5 to 10% lower than men.
Daily calorie requirement
Based on our nature of work and lifestyle we can calculate our daily calorie requirement.
• Slightly active lifestyle: The amount of calorie burnt is arrived using-BMR*1.375, exercises for 1 to 3 times per week
• Moderately active lifestyle: exercises for 3 to 5 times per week. The amount of calorie burnt is arrived using- BMR*1.55.
• Active Lifestyle: Heavy exercises for 6 to 7 times a week. The amount of calorie burnt is arrived using- BMR*1.725.
• Very active lifestyle: exercises twice a day. The amount of calorie burnt is arrived using -BMR*1.9.
Increasing the metabolic rate results with more calories burned. A person can maintain the same weight, when the calories consumed per day equals to calorie consumed.
When the consumed calorie is not burnt it leads to weight gain.
Speeding up the metabolic rate by various activities like running, walking helps in burning calories